Quantcast

Monday, March 17, 2008

Vote like your life depends on it. It does.


I love to vote. I never miss an election, no matter how much or how little attention it garners. I have registered to vote, and voted, in all four states I have lived in since the age of 18. Now I make it a point to take Bird and Deal with me to vote. They get to mark their own kid ballots through Kids Voting and don a little "I voted" sticker proudly. And don't think I don't take the chance to use my kids as billboards. We all go to vote sporting some form of Democratic party attire.

And here's the deal: I don't care how you vote. Just get off your ass and vote. Any TV you miss will be recapped online anyway. Register now before basketball frenzy erupts and your brain cells become a whirlygig of little orange bouncy balls. Read this post and register. Now. Go on. What are you waiting for? Dirt & Noise will be here when you get back.

In North Carolina, you must be registered as a Democrat or Unaffiliated in order to vote in the Democratic primary on May 6. The deadline is April 11th.

If you aren't a registered Democrat or Unaffiliated, register now:

http://my.barackobama.com/NCvote

If you are registered, learn more about what you can do to bring as many voters as possible into the political process:

http://my.barackobama.com/morevoicesNC

Register. Bring a friend.

Vote. Bring a friend.

Give a lift to someone who doesn't have one.

You don't have a right to bitch if you didn't cast a vote. Don't take voting for granted. Do you realize how many people before us and how many people in other countries don't benefit from the democratic process? We owe them. Parents who vote raise kids who vote when they come of age. Turn off your mute button and turn up the volume.


Vote like your life depends on it. It does.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: