Quantcast

Friday, January 30, 2009

5:00 Fridays


There's been a chill in my bones ever since Mac Daddy and I stood out in the teen temps in DC for inauguration. I just can't seem to shake the cold, my body seemingly covered in goosebumps for the long haul to spring. I'm so hotly clad in fleece, fluffy shearling slippers, and a scarf at any given time of day. A sexy sight to behold, I'm telling you. I'm considering getting some of those fingerless gloves to wear around the house too. And for you readers from the tundra states, I could use a pair of ear muffs. Perhaps it was a mistake to whack off 11 inches of hair in the dead of winter. Brrr.....

So in an effort to warm up, I'm making a Hot Toddy today. And for those of who know me, you are well aware that I have my very own personal Hot Toddy with me every night. hubba hubba


Hot Toddy
1 oz light rum (Mac Daddy prefers to use whiskey, but that stuff gets all up in my nostrils and makes me shudder.)
1 teaspooon honey (I use a heaping teaspoon.)
1 slice of lemon studded with a few whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon of grated ginger (Do not, I repeat, do not, use the powdered stuff that's been sitting on a grocery shelf for months. Freshly grated ginger only. Omit this if you don't have any on hand.)

Combine the rum, honey, lemon slice, and ginger in a big ole mug. Add hot water to fill. Stir with a cinnamon stick, which does double duty as garnish.

I feel the chill vanishing already.
5:00 FridaysSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds tasty to me! I am right with you on being chilled. So ready for spring or warmer weather, whichever comes first!

Lisa Creech Bledsoe said...

It's frickin freezin', is it not? I'm with you, it's really tough to get through (even) a NC winter. Or maybe we're both weenies. Or maybe we want an excuse to curl up on the couch by the fire with a hot toddy! Yeah, that last one.

Anonymous said...

This sounds awesome. I had hot toddies one night in that North Bay Area bar where Huey Lewis and the News got their start. (Cotati Cabaret, I think?) They weren't playing that night, but the hot toddies were great, and I did see the band live eventually. (I'm giving away my age, aren't I?)

The Tutugirl said...

I make this (minus the ginger) every time I get sick. Its a miracle drink.

Nicole Pelton said...

I lost my voice once and my BIL made me the yummiest hot toddies - never been ablet to duplicate it so I'm so gonna try this. Not so cold over here in CA though.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about having one of these to preemptively strike the cold that I am sure is coming. sniff sniff