Quantcast

Friday, February 20, 2009

5:00 Fridays


I happened upon this drink at a friend's house recently. I'm not on the cutting edge when it come to soda. I didn't even realize that Tab and Fresca have seen their glory days and tried to relive their heyday a time or two. We don't buy soft drinks, so if you ever stop by for a visit and you're panting and sweating and gasping for air, all we can offer you is water, beer, wine, milk, or liquor. Don't come a knockin' asking for a soda. We'll have to send you to the BP down the street for a liter.

But this new fangled green tea ginger ale intrigued me. I wouldn't drink it on its own, but it was begging for a shot of something grizzly.

And so I bought some and mixed it with a shot of vanilla vodka. OK, perhaps not grizzly, but it was gggoooood. A tasty sweet treat that has worked its way into my hot weather repertoire. Tonight was a sampling party. The summer will hold a liquid feast.


Vanilla Antioxidant
1 shot vanilla vodka (You should still have some Stoli Vanil left over from last week.)
Canada Dry Green Tea Gingerale

Get yourself a tall glass and fill it with ice. Add the vodka and top it off with the gingerale. Finish it with a sprig of fresh mint.

Cheers to spring getting a fast forward on the weather track!
5:00 FridaysSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried the Green Tea Ginger Ale at @gregoryng's house when I was interviewing him about his Freezer Burns blog. It was so good!! I've wanted to buy some, but I'm like you, I steer away from soft drinks. I don't like diet soda. So every now and then I'll splurge on and order a Coke and, when I do, it tastes like heaven.

A Crafty Mom said...

That looks GREAT. I don't drink soda (pop in Canada!!) either and I had no idea Canada Dry had a green tea ginger ale. Might need to try this. And before 5:00 the way my day is turning out :-)

Jen L. said...

That sounds wonderful and refreshing!
Happy hour shouldn't have to wait until 5:00...thanks for posting early! :)

Carrie @carrieloves said...

That sounds really good. I'll have to pick some up this weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I love ginger ale. Hadn't heard of the green tea version. Your cocktail sounds good!

I was on TV with Lance Armstrong - that deserves a cocktail celebration, yes?