Quantcast

Friday, September 4, 2009

5:00 Fridays


My friends are constantly sending me links and notes and ideas about cocktail crazes. Scot recently shared something from Garden & Gun magazine. I am not making this shit up. I'm not sure what was more frightening - the drink or the publication. My plan is to invite him over to be my taste tester with Mac Daddy while Scot's wife and I sit and back and enjoy some Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka.

Other friends send me drinks that sound more, ahem, shall we say, palatable?

Roycie is one such friend. She is a fellow foodie, writer, reader, wine lover, Obama Mama, and overall cool woman. If you met her you'd totally want to invite her to join your book club and make her dance with you at your 40th birthday party. If you slip her one (or three or five) of these cocktails you might even slip in a cleavage shot if you have a trusty tiny 007-esque camera.

A bartender at the fantastic Watts Grocery made this for Roycie and said she'd name it after her. I kick myself daily for several reasons but mostly because I have yet to venture into Watt's. A) I fear I might never leave, and B) heading that far from home adds a hefty sum to the sitter bill so we tend to stick close to home on date nights. Grrr... Anyhoo, Roycie tells me this drink is called the Sunset Beach, but I'm (re) christening it...


The Rolls Roycie

1 shot Raspberry vodka
1 shot Blue curacao
1 small pour of Cranberry juice
splash of sour mix.

Add all the liquid goodness to a shaker filled with ice. Play a little Ric Ocasek and shake it up. Strain and serve in a martini glass garnished with an orange wedge and a lime wedge (Roycie's version calls for a cherry, but cherries are one of the five foods I won't eat so let's leave it out, mkay?).

Now as I told you, Roycie is a writer, as in people pay her for her words. She's a professional. Her business card does not say "blogger," it says "writer." Here's her written testimonial of the newly christened Rolls Roycie:

"Super yummy!"

I never said that smart people pay her. And in her defense, she might have just had a cleavage shot taken when interviewed for this testimonial.
5:00 FridaysSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I'm in awe of Roycie. She gets paid for writing, she's cool AND she has a drink named for her?
I've heard of that magazine. Yeah, it freaks me out, too.

BigLittleWolf said...

That Rolls Roycie sounds great. Could've used one last night... shoes on (but wiped at the door).