Quantcast

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Resell. Reuse. Recycle.


I loved being pregnant. I ate with abandon and loved not having to suck in my stomach for a good seven months. And I admit, the elastic waistband was my best friend. God, I miss that. My slight frame of 100 pounds did flourish to 145 when Bird was growing in me. That's almost HALF my body weight for those readers who never aced a math class. And to think I lost and gained it all back with Deal. For the record, I did lose it a second time too. Nonetheless, pregnancy was a piece of cake...and a bowl of ice cream, a handful of cheese fries, a decaf vanilla latte, and mango lassis. Maternity clothes were even cute and getting cuter every season!

Birth was easy too. Please don't smack me next time you see me. Granted, I had the modern medicine benefit of an epidural (This girl had nothing to prove. Clearly millions of women before me gave birth without drugs. I know it can be done. Not for me. I figure we don't get a root canal without Novocaine these days so why shirk the comforts of medicine? I'm not preaching epidurals for all, just stating my experience.) Plus, I swear by prenatal yoga to open things up. Anyway, three hours from start to finish (labor pain to baby in arms), three pushes, done. Mac Daddy jokes that he didn't even get to crack into the snacks we packed. Bunion surgery was way worse than childbirth.

So pregnancy was a dream, childbirth an ease, motherhood...a different story that you'll glimpse through the annals of this blog. After two healthy pregnancies and two healthy boys, this girl is done. I sold or donated all my maternity clothes, though I was tempted to hang on to a few discrete pieces for those days I needed some fat pants.

If your closets are still bulging with maternity wear you'll wear no more, check out Belly Bundles. You can consign your maternity clothes, make some cash, and be green! Yes, recycling clothing is an easy way to treat our planet gingerly. If you're in the market for new chic maternity fashions, Belly Bundles will be a dream. You can buy twice as many hot outfits for the price of one new one at Motherhood. Maternity clothes get such little wear and tear so all the pieces are in top shape. And with designers like Michael Stars and Japanese Weekend, you're sure to find some awesome additions to your growing addition. I spent waaaayyy too much time window shopping and I'm never going to be pregnant again. Hmmmm...that almost makes me shed a tear.
Resell. Reuse. Recycle.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too loved being pregnant, even though it was only one time. I felt the best and didn't think I gained to much weight. Thanks for the website. I will check it out someday!!

Anonymous said...

I hope so much that when I someday get pregnant, that my delivery goes as quickly as yours.

Anonymous said...

The beauty of the flannel front panel pant. The joy of a soft ever-expanding waist for my jeans. AH. (Would it be so wrong to pull them out even just for PMS days?) I miss my maternity clothes! Drat tho. Does this mean practical high waisted old lady elastic pants are in my near future?? (gasp) That was the sound of me sucking it in and sucking it up.

And God bless another mom with boys. Great googlie mooglie - while I dream of cute pony tails and "chick bonding" - put a fork in me too... I'm done.