Quantcast

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Let Sleeping Boys Lie


The Slumber Gods are smiling upon me today. Both Bird and Deal fell asleep in the car on the way home from a day of adventures. Surprisingly, they both transferred easily to their beds, a rarity for Deal. Hmmm....what to do with my afternoon?

File receipts? Fold laundry? Exfoliate feet and elbows? Mud mask? Weed the garden? Organize photos (THREE years worth!!!)? Make dentist, eye doctor, ENT appointments? Window shop on Etsy? Polish the water spots off the wineglasses? Start dinner? Marinate tomorrow night's dinner? Sudoku?

Nah!

Off to finish A Thousand Splendid Suns. Laundry is what I should be doing but it can wait. Might as well put the guest room to good use by piling on yet another (the fourth!) load of laundry on the bed. Mama needs some mama time.

Even if pay for it at 10:00 PM when Bird is awake long after I am.
Let Sleeping Boys LieSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

Oh, what a good book. Much better than Kite Runner, IMO.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful boys. I know I am biased b/c beautiful SLEEPING boys are something to warm an exhausted mother's heart for sure. And I hope you finished "Suns" - no words for that book, "truly amazing" seems not enough but I'll leave it at that.

A Crafty Mom said...

I LOVE when my two fall asleep in the car - so rare though. I hope you had a nice time while they slept. We have one we can transfer into his bed and another we absolutely cannot. When he was a baby we dubbed him our "non-transferable" child. It has stuck with him I'm afraid.

p.s. I would have chosen browse on Etsy!!!
p.p.s. Yes, get one of those dresses I linked to on the Lole website. They are amazing, wash well and fit well. I have two dresses and five skirts, I've bought over the past 5 or 6 years. LOVE them.