Quantcast

Friday, December 12, 2008

5:00 Fridays

I have a new favorite drink. One that I cannot live without. One that puts me over the edge of reason and sobriety if I have more than one. One that I reserve for weekends only. I count down the days to Friday just so I can snap my fingers for Mac Daddy to whip one up for me. Kidding! I usually give in to impulse and desire and have one on Thursday. That was the big party day in college so why not reinstate that? Oh and the finger snapping, totally a figure of speech. I can't snap. And if I could, Mac Daddy would give me a wayward glance that said, "Yeah, right, Princess."

So my new favorite drink is one I have featured before. Now go with me on this before you get your bloomers in a bundle. I have discovered something that makes this drink fantastically fabulous. Exponentially excellent. Wildly wondrous.

Dirty Sue has driven me mad. Mad for dirty martinis. Bwaaahhhhaaahhhaa!!!!

So today I present to you, the new, improved, 50% fewer calories Dirty & Noisy Martini

3 ounces of your favorite gin or vodka (I am partial to Hendriks and Ketel One respectively.)
1/2 ounce of Dirty Sue (my new BFF)

Chill a martini glass ahead of time. If you are a frequent flyer here, go ahead and keep some glasses chilled at all times.

Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Trust me, you want this drink to be shivery cold. Pour this olivey nectar into a chilled glass and garnish with a few olives. And if you dare to be naughty instead of nice, add a couple dashes of Tabasco to the mix. Ooh, Aah, Mmmm... Now you're talkin'.

Oh, and just joshin' about the 50% fewer calories. Totally made that up.
5:00 FridaysSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should add tipsy olives as a garnish to your martinis. My aunt used to love them when she was on her martini kick. They are a little hard to find, but they are soaked in vermouth.

dadshouse said...

Sounds great! I haven't tried Hendriks. I'm a Plymouth Gin man. Ketel One rocks, though.

Tabasco? Gotta try that.

And I love your new name for this drink!

Anonymous said...

Oh Colby I must get my hands on those tipsy olives! What an absolutely fabulous touch!

Anonymous said...

Ilina,
I can get the tipsy olives here, let me know. Maybe when you come up this way I will have a jar ready for you.

San Diego Momma said...

I absolutely love dirty martinis, but I gave up ordering them in bars after I saw the mixologist lift the condiment tray (the one sitting on the bar that drunk people finger all night) and pour the olive juice that'd collected under the condiment olives INTO my drink.

Dirty Sue may be dirty, but she's cleaner than that.

Kaza said...

Duuuuude, srlsy, that sounds SO yummy. Definite frequent flyer here, so martini glass is ready at all times. I've gotta get me some of that stuff, pronto!