Quantcast

Saturday, January 3, 2009

5:00 Fridays


I am terrified of snakes. T.E.R.R.I.F.I.E.D. Just typing those letters make me cringe. It is a serious phobia that could buy me a lot of couch time if I ever chose to overcome it (which I don't because I don't really see how being deathly afraid of snakes, real or depicted in children's books, hinders my existence and productivity).

There is one and only one way I will entertain the mere idea of a snake. And all thanks to my neighbor John.


The Snake Bite

Get yourself a proper beer glass, not a regular glass or plastic cup that you use for drinking water. I mean a beer glass. Or perhaps a stein if you are lucky enough to have parents who live in Germany and bring you one every year.

Now fill it half way with a dark beer. I prefer Newcastle Brown Ale.

Fill the rest with hard cider. Not the farmer's market stuff in a jug (Public Service Announcement: Beware of any alcohol from a jug!). We're talking hard cider here. Woodchuck Draft Cider is a good choice. Stick to the regular draft cider. Granny Smith and her sissy pear and raspberry cohorts are not gonna cut it.


So refreshing and goes down oh so easily. Perhaps a tish too easily. Drink responsibly lest you feel like a snake bit you the next morning.
5:00 FridaysSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

not a fan of snakes either. At. All.

however, i think the boy and the friends are planning a little soiree friday night for my birthday, so i think I'll just print this out so that I can enjoy it.

it's my birthday, right? and i'll eat. because i'll be with church people. and that's all we do. talk about jesus and eat. ok, not these church people. we'll just eat. and drink. and then tell the pastor that we just "hung out" friday night...

we're so bad.