Quantcast

Friday, January 9, 2009

A Very Special Toast for 5:00 Fridays



This is what I had to say one year ago today. Go ahead and click. I'll give you a minute. Know why it's significant?

Because today is my first birthday. Insert fanfare here. No need for party hats and gifts. I take that back, gifts are welcome. I wear a size 6 shoe and am allergic to anything less than 22 karat gold and sterling silver. Don't send dark chocolate or anything with cherries and raisins. While we're having a little soiree, let's have cake too. My favorite is the coconut cake from the Hayes Barton Cafe. No need to splurge on a candle. I think the tradition of blowing spittle and cooties all over a perfectly good cake is disgusting and overrated anyway.

I started Dirt & Noise on a lark. My dear old witty friend Crouton Boy inspired me to start blogging. He's actually funny and writes exactly like he converses in person so when I read his blog I feel like he's right here. I figured if he can do it, so can I. Granted, he's more technically savvy than I am. All I want to do is write. I need a coding/html/techie mumbo jumbo assistant. Let me know if you're interested in the job. It's unpaid, but the bragging rights are cachet are fantastic.

So you see, a while ago I had a short term gig writing beauty product reviews for our local newspaper. I got tons of great feedback on my writing and storytelling (pat on back here, hold the applause). When my gig ended I found I still had a voracious appetite for writing. My fingers dance on the keyboard effortlessly, and writing is a wonderful escape (great therapy at times too). What I wrote in my business world wasn't cutting it. Snarky emails to friends, replete with celebrity gossip and baby stories, and x-rated text messages to Mac Daddy weren't cutting the mustard. I totally don't get that expression, but mustard is my second most favorite condiment. Little known fact so consider yourself in the know. Back to this pet project of mine...

Today marks my 263rd post and my first birthday. I am proud of this little online tome of mine and thankful to Mac Daddy for enduring many a night of my laptop being the third wheel.

So today, let's raise a glass to Dirt & Noise. No need to hold the applause any longer. Make some noise, friends!

On to our cocktail...

Now get yourself a crystal champagne glass. I'll be using the Tiffany glasses my big brother gave me for Christmas one year.

Now pop the cork on a sultry bottle of Veuve Clicquot. It's a lovely champagne that is special occasion-worthy without breaking the bank that is already crippled. Those French sure know a thing or two about the bubbly.

Cheers! Mwah!
A Very Special Toast for 5:00 FridaysSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday! Cheers to a fabulous year of posting!(And who knew, you are only 2 months older than me.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on the one year anniversary of your blog. I know I enjoy reading it and check for updates more than once a day.

Thank you to Crouton Boy for encouraging you to start the blog, because you do have a way with words!

Here's to many more years of dirt and noise!!!

Anonymous said...

Carolina, why is it I'm always the older one?!

down30, thanks for the well wishes. You can sign up for an RSS feed or on feedblitz (on my home page) to get new posts emailed to you...sure beats checking to see when I've been inspired to write!

The Tutugirl said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday! I'm so glad you were inspired a year ago to start blogging.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

LOVE YOUR WRITING.
SOOO PROUD OF YOU

NANI

High Heeled Mama said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I just recently happened upon your blog and am enjoying it. Your writing is fun and FUNNY! And your haircut is gorgeous!