Quantcast

Friday, April 11, 2008

Tagged.


High Heeled Mama tagged me to share 7 random facts about myself. Oh, it will be hard to keep it to 7!

Rules are as follows:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. For many, many years (I actually lost count.) during my grade school and middle school days, I slept on my bed in a sleeping bag. Being the neat freak that I am, I found it easier to roll up my sleeping bag, tuck it away in the closet, and straighten the bed before going to school. Not making the bed was (and still isn't) an option so it took less time in my hectic mornings before school to just use a sleeping bag.

2. Audrey Hepburn has been my idol since I was 16 years old and saw "Breakfast at Tiffany's" for the first time with my friend Nancy. I own every book ever written about her. The "Breakfast at Tiffany's" movie poster hangs in my office over my desk. The Italian version is propped up on a table across from me, and a pencil sketch of Audrey is on my bookshelf. Two guesses what our girl name would have been had Mac Daddy and I had a daughter.

3. There are only five foods in the world that I will not eat: liver, lima beans, cherries, raisins, and black licorice. Otherwise, I am likely the least picky eater you will ever meet.

4. I have mingled with and broken bread with several famous baseball players during my charity event days in Minneapolis. I never recognized a single one of them and had to be told who they were. This includes the likes of Bobby Bonilla, David Justice, Cal Ripken Jr., and Kirby Puckett.

5. I can put my whole fist in my mouth.

6. When I lived in Minneapolis I broke out in an inexplicable rash. Doctors later revealed that it was urticaria, caused by exposure to the cold. See, I told you I was allergic to those frozen tundra temps.

7. I played the trombone in middle school marching band. I was the only girl in the whole brass section. This was after I informed my band director that I wanted to play the drums. He said, "Girls don't play drums. Pick something else." I figured he wasn't going to say no twice. You can probably tell that the flute was too wussy for the likes of me.

I said I'd share 7 random facts about myself; I never promised that any of them would be interesting!

Now here I go tagging 7 more lucky bloggers out there.

1. Crouton Boy
2. One Chic Mama
3. Ginny
4. Mom 101
5. Crabmommy
6. Friday Playdate
7. Misfit Hausfrau
Tagged.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

High Heeled Mama said...

Happy to find another band geek out there! :)

CroutonBoy said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO